After reading lots of reviews and comments about breast pump, finally I decided to get myself a Spectra 3 as my first ever breast pump!
The following product descriptions, I shamelessly copied from here ^^
- The most special feature about Spectra 3 is that it is smaller size than Spectra 2 therefore more ideal for traveling.
- The kit is very easy to use as it is automatic.
- Accessories (breast shield,tubing) are separable so it’s easy to wash and sterilize.
- Its light weight and compact design make it extremely portable and good to use in a small space.
- It contains 1 set of breast shield.
- It has a very simple and neat design with a built-in cylinder.
- Users can feel comfortable by pumping in a rhythm that is just like an actual nursing infant’s sucking rhythm.
- It has controllable suction levels.
- Its high suction strength makes it possible to express milk out of both breasts.
- Can be converted into a double pump.
- Minimum noise during breast pumping session ( more privacy ).
This set contains:
- 1 Bottle with wide neck teat and bottle cap
- 1 conversion kit for wide neck bottles
- 1 Breast shield set and tubing only.
Now for some personal usage experiences
- Economical. Spectra 3 cost around RM400. Sometimes, you are able to get the pump plus extra breast shield set for about the same price. Equivalent breast pump of a branded name could easily be double the price of Spectra 3.
- Can be converted into a double pump. I get myself an extra breast shield set to convert it into a double pump. With double pump, it will reduce by pumping by half.
- AC power source only. Spectra 3 only be able to operate from AC power source. Thus, it could be quite bulky and inconvenient for those who think of traveling or pump at office with it
- Backflow (milk getting into the tubing or motor). Spectra 3 doesn’t come with filter to prevent backflow. Although I haven’t ever experience a backflow yet (touch wood!), I had known of my friend who experience this. It is troublesome, especially if the milk backflow into the motor. You can’t clean it yourself. You have to send it for service. However, there is Spectra filter available, which you can buy to prevent backflow.
Overall I have a great satisfy with my Spectra 3. It is really worth the money! 😀